Platinum and Pallidium Printing 2nd Edition ORDER NOW!
Platinum & Palladium printing, Second Edition is the only comprehensive work on platinum and palladium printing. This eagerly anticipated second edition covers the three major new innovations in platinum and palladium printing:
- Sodium chloroplatinate (Na2) contrast control agent
- Procedure to acidify many fine papers previously unsuitable for platinum printing
- Computerized enlargement of negatives
Platinum and palladium printing is one of the easiest of the non-silver processes to learn. The guide offers a number of variations, which the photographer can closely control. Photographers interested in learning, or improving upon this process, will find this book an indispensable resource and reference guide. This is an absolute must-have for professional photographers and printmakers.
Inside you will find:
- The three basic phases of printing: sensitometry, chemistry, and mechanics
- Practical information based on the making of over 3,000 platinum and palladium prints, covering everything from making your first print, to the moist advanced techniques to challenge experienced printers.
- Over 50 duotones of the author's platinum and palladium prints and those of five contributors
Also included for the first time are contributions written by recognized authorities in their fields:
- Pyro and Platinum Printing by Bob Herbst
- Crafting Digital Negatives by Mark Nelson
- Ultraviolet Light Sources by Sandy King
- Custom Platinum Printing by Stan Klimek